We are OPEN for business
Boctor Dental Smilecentre has remained open as a Gold Coast Emergency Dentist during COVID-19 in order to keep the load off the public emergency hospital services. However we are pleased to announce the Government has decided to ease restrictions on Dentistry so we can now offer patients comprehensive dental treatment.
Our Dentists Dr Victor Boctor, Dr Raymond Boctor, Dr Jessica Scott, Dr Missy Chang and Dr Rachel Podesta would all like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times and are all excited to be able to look after your dental health once again.
Full Dental Services Available
We are able to offer patients (who do not exhibit COVID-19 symptoms and risk) all forms of dental treatments, including:
- Exam, Scale & Clean
- Fillings and Extractions
- Root Canal Treatment
- Crowns & Bridges
- Veneers & Cosmetic Dental
- Orthodontics and Invisalign
- Teeth Whitening
- … and more!
We also continue, as always to operate as an Emergency Dentist (Gold Coast), so be sure to give us a call if you break a tooth, suffer some form of tooth trauma or suddenly start suffering from a toothache – we are here for you.
To book in for your appointment, please call the clinic directly on:
Ashmore City Dental 07 5597 1973
Smilecentre Bundall 07 5592 1999
Currumbin Fair Dental 07 5598 5666
Or click here to book online:ONLINE BOOKING
Keeping you Safe
Our Dental Clinic has never been safer. The additional steps we incorporated into our Dental Practices to help us minimize the risk of COVID-19 and to keep our business open and patients safe, will remain in place for the time being.
- Following social distancing protocols.
- The waiting room is regularly wiped down and sanitised and all toys and magazines have been removed until further notice. Public spaces have been added to frequent sanitation regimes including front door handles, front reception desk, patient restrooms and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Outdoor chairs have been added should you prefer to await your appointment outdoors.
- Should you feel more comfortable waiting for your appointment time in your car, this is completely fine – just give us a call to let us know you are here and we will call your mobile when it is time to come straight through to your appointment.
- If you will be bringing additional family members along to your appointment, we ask that you please check in from you car to help us maintain social distancing
- Our staff, as health professionals, are washing and sanitising their hands regularly and following the government’s recommended hygiene practices. Our hygiene and infection control practices are above industry standard. All our Dentists, Dental Assistants and Reception staff have successfully completed the Australian Government’s Covid-19 Infection Control Training Course.
- We have always worn adequate PPE during our dental treatments, and of course continue to do so for our safety and for yours.
- Cash transactions are still okay – reception staff will wear gloves when handling cash.
- EFTPOS and HICAPS machines will be covered and/or sanitised between each transaction
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk of all our clinics. Please use this upon arrival at our clinics and also when you’re leaving.
- A pre-treatment hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse will be administered prior to all treatments.
Should you start to exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms closer to your appointment time, or have come into recent contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, we ask that you please advise us directly so we can postpone and reschedule your appointment.
Online Booking and Telehealth Dentistry still available
If you’d like to book an appointment online, please click here:ONLINE BOOKING
Please note, other appointment types and times will likely be available (and other Dentists not available on online booking ) but you will need to call us to book those appointments.
Also, should you have a dental emergency occur over the weekend when there are no dentists available, our Virtual Telehealth Dentistry consultations are still available. Our Dentists work in conjunction with your local pharmacy to ensure any necessary medication can be issued directly to you following your telehealth consultation. Follow this link to book your Telehealth Virtual Dental Appointment:
Please call us if you have any questions or queries about your oral health, or if you need to book in for your dental treatment.
We will continue to service your dental needs by providing a safe environment and best possible patient care.
The Boctor Dental Smilecentre Team